From: Alan Schmitt <alan.schmitt@inria.fr>
To: "Sébastien Pierre" <kaze@mail.netcourrier.com>
Cc: caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] OCaml distribution for BeOS
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 11:08:16 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi,

The last time I looked at BeOS (a few years ago, I think, it was the
beta release of v4), they did not have a unix select operator (sockets
and file descriptors lived in different domains, and could not be
mixed together in a select). I don't know if this has changed for v5
(it was supposed to, but I did not look). So if you get to compile the
unix library, you'd better be careful to use select only with sockets.

For more info about the select call in the beos library, you can look
at
http://www-classic.be.com/documentation/be_book/The%20Network%20Kit/Sockets.html#Network%20Sockets

The FD_SETSIZE of unix is set to 1024 in linux includes, but the beos
documentation I pointed to seems to limit this to 32 sockets ...

Since it seems to be the only macros used by select.c that is not
provided by beos, you can try to add a #define for it.

Alan Schmitt