* [Caml-list] Cygwin?
@ 2001-03-30 12:45 Dave Berry
From: Dave Berry @ 2001-03-30 12:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Which parts of the Cygwin distribution are needed to use the Cygwin
version of Ocaml?  I started to download the whole Cygwin distribution,
but gave up because it was taking so long.  But the distribution is
available as separate components, so if I knew which components are
needed, I could just download those.

Dave.

* Re: [Caml-list] Cygwin?
@ 2001-03-30 13:28 ` Xavier Leroy
From: Xavier Leroy @ 2001-03-30 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dave Berry; +Cc: caml-list

> Which parts of the Cygwin distribution are needed to use the Cygwin
> version of Ocaml?  I started to download the whole Cygwin distribution,
> but gave up because it was taking so long.  But the distribution is
> available as separate components, so if I knew which components are
> needed, I could just download those.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the following suffices for building
OCaml under Cygwin and using it:
  - gcc, gas, ld, the C library, bash
  - fileutils, make, sed, awk.

For running the Cygwin binaries we distribute, I think the components
on the first line suffice.  However, we've been told about potential
problems with these binaries, maybe due to different Cygwin versions
between the build machine and the users' machines.

- Xavier Leroy