* Re: [Caml-list] Does ocamldebug work for the non-cygwin version of Ocaml 3.01 for Windows?
@ 2001-04-06 21:28 Hao-yang Wang
From: Hao-yang Wang @ 2001-04-06 21:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: caml-list

>No, ocamldebug doesn't work on the "pure Win32" port of OCaml, while
>it works (albeit a bit slowly) on the Cygwin port.  And, yes, the Web
>site should explain better the differences between these two ports.

How difficult it would be to make ocamldebug work with the "pure Win32"
port, without backstep and time travel?

Thanks,
Hao-yang Wang

* Re: [Caml-list] Does ocamldebug work for the non-cygwin version of Ocaml 3.01 for Windows?
@ 2001-04-06 21:59 ` Jerome Vouillon
From: Jerome Vouillon @ 2001-04-06 21:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hao-yang Wang; +Cc: caml-list

On Fri, Apr 06, 2001 at 02:28:41PM -0700, Hao-yang Wang wrote:
> >No, ocamldebug doesn't work on the "pure Win32" port of OCaml, while
> >it works (albeit a bit slowly) on the Cygwin port.  And, yes, the Web
> >site should explain better the differences between these two ports.
>
> How difficult it would be to make ocamldebug work with the "pure Win32"
> port, without backstep and time travel?

I think that would be rather easy.  In particular, you can already
turn off checkpointing (forks) using the command "set checkpoints off".
You loose a lot of functionalities, though...

-- Jerome

* Re: [Caml-list] Does ocamldebug work for the non-cygwin version of Ocaml 3.01 for Windows?
@ 2001-04-06 15:38   ` Xavier Leroy
From: Xavier Leroy @ 2001-04-06 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mattias Waldau; +Cc: caml-list

> If it doesn't it is a good reason to say it somewhere on the download
> page. ocamldebug is really good, and makes debugging very simple.

No, ocamldebug doesn't work on the "pure Win32" port of OCaml, while
it works (albeit a bit slowly) on the Cygwin port.  And, yes, the Web
site should explain better the differences between these two ports.

Best regards,

- Xavier Leroy

* [Caml-list] Does ocamldebug work for the non-cygwin version of Ocaml 3.01 for Windows?
@ 2001-04-05  8:07 ` Mattias Waldau
From: Mattias Waldau @ 2001-04-05  8:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: caml-list

If it doesn't it is a good reason to say it somewhere on the download
page. ocamldebug is really good, and makes debugging very simple.

/mattias