From: Pierre Weis <Pierre.Weis@inria.fr>
To: skaller@ozemail.com.au (John Max Skaller)
Cc: caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] Caml toplevel and readline
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 23:03:28 +0200 (MET DST)	[thread overview]

> > ledit is a tool written in camlp4 by Daniel de Raglaudre
> > which allows line editing on any program.
> >   http://cristal.inria.fr/~ddr/index-english.html
>
> 	I've tried that and couldn't get it to work.
> That goes for about half the C/Ocaml packages I've tried,
> including, of all things, CamlImages.
[...]
> John (Max) Skaller, mailto:skaller@maxtal.com.au

Hi Max,

This is really a pity you've found half the Ocaml packages you've
tried broken and impossible to install. I'm very sorry for that and I
consider it a shame for us, as we consider ourselves as highly
competent professionals ...

Concerning ledit in particular, I'm extremely surprised since I use it
for years now with absolutely no problems. I think I installed it on
more than 50 machines and 5 different Unix architectures right out of
the box. So, please explain us your problems and help us to improve
the quality of ledit nad more generally of our Caml packages.

Also for CamlImages, please report us your problems, we will help you
and fix the library for everybody.

Last, please feel free to publicly cite in this mailing list the name
of all the bogous libraries you've ever found in the INRIA
distributions or Web sites. We'll be glad to hear about that and then
to fix the faulty programs, or even remove them from our distributions
if they are too bogous to be fixed.

Thank you for helping us to fix our bogous software.

Pierre Weis

INRIA, Projet Cristal, Pierre.Weis@inria.fr, http://pauillac.inria.fr/~weis/