* Re: [Caml-list] cdk
@ 2001-07-26 20:46 Krishnaswami, Neel
From: Krishnaswami, Neel @ 2001-07-26 20:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'caml-list@inria.fr'

John Max Skaller [mailto:skaller@maxtal.com.au] wrote:

> > > Note that the cdk doesn't offer any new libraries; it is merely a
> > > compilation of existing libraries and tools in a single
> > > package, the kind that seems to make business folks happy.
> >
> > It makes OCaml-newbies (like me) happy too, because it's not so
> > easy to find a lot of libraries out there.
> > And why to reinvent the wheel?
>
> It makes me happy too, because I can use it in products
> I want to distribute, and people can download CDK and
> get ocaml and all the libraries in one hit. That's important,
> especially if it's only part of a larger toolset.

How does one contribute to the CDK? I have a couple of packages
that I'd like to make available (including one miraculously
simple implementation of balanced binary trees[*]), and I'm
curious what to email where and how I should document it.

[*] Randomized treaps. This is the only balanced tree structure
I've seen for which I can remember how to write a deletion function
off the top of my head, without any complex case analysis.

--
Neel Krishnaswami
neelk@cswcasa.com