* [Caml-list] A bug fix release?
@ 2001-08-12 11:56 Ohad Rodeh
From: Ohad Rodeh @ 2001-08-12 11:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

List,
    In light of recent bugs in 3.02 distribution, will there be a bug
fix release soon?  For my system, Ensemble, the socket library bugs are an
issue.

   Thanks,
        Ohad.

* Re: [Caml-list] A bug fix release?
@ 2001-08-13 14:56 ` Xavier Leroy
From: Xavier Leroy @ 2001-08-13 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ohad Rodeh; +Cc: caml-list

>     In light of recent bugs in 3.02 distribution, will there be a bug
> fix release soon?  For my system, Ensemble, the socket library bugs are an
> issue.

[Ohad is referring to Unix.getsockopt and Unix.setsockopt, which don't
work in the Windows version of OCaml 3.02.]

Generally speaking, packaging a distribution of OCaml takes a lot of
my time, so I'd rather not do that too often.  Besides, we've already
started the development of 3.03, meaning that there is some new code
that needs to stabilize before the next release.  Hence, no, there
will not be a bug fix release for 3.02 in the near future.

I'd recommend you just stick with 3.01 for Ensemble.  We always keep
available on the Web and FTP servers a number of earlier releases.
Unless, of course, there is also a show-stopper bug for Ensemble in
3.01; in this case, please write me directly and we'll see what we can
do.

Best wishes,

- Xavier Leroy