* [Caml-list] How to use both select and waitpid ?
@ 2001-08-24 12:41 Berke Durak
From: Berke Durak @ 2001-08-24 12:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Ok it's not absolutely Caml-specific, but here's my problem.

I'm doing a sort of network server that forks some children and
processes their output. So I need to do asynchronous I/O on sockets
(which implies use of Unix.select) but I also need to waitpid for
children. How do I do this ? I was hoping that select would return
with EINTR on receipt of SIGCHLD, but this isn't the case (even if
I've unblocked the signal and set its handler to something). Could
some Unix guru explain me this ? Thanks a lot.
--
Berke