* [Caml-list] interactive use of Bigarray library module under Emacs
@ 2001-08-25 20:00 Attila Kondacs
From: Attila Kondacs @ 2001-08-25 20:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi,

I am trying to use the Bigarray library module in the interactive
system as a subrocess of Emacs (in the latest version of
Gnu Debian), and cannot get it to work. Any ideas about
what may go wrong?

Here are the details:

when I try to send an expression to the interpreter with
the following command:
Caml toplevel to run: ocaml bigarray.cma

I get the following error message:
File "/home/attila/usr/local//lib/ocaml/bigarray.cma",
line 1, characters
12-13:
Illegal character (\000)

thanks!
Attila Kondacs

* Re: [Caml-list] interactive use of Bigarray library module under Emacs
@ 2001-08-27 15:14 ` Xavier Leroy
From: Xavier Leroy @ 2001-08-27 15:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Attila Kondacs; +Cc: caml-list

> I am trying to use the Bigarray library module in the interactive
> system as a subrocess of Emacs (in the latest version of
> Gnu Debian), and cannot get it to work. Any ideas about
> what may go wrong?

As explained in the OCaml manual:

    For interactive use of the bigarray library, do:

    ocamlmktop -o mytop bigarray.cma
    ./mytop

In other terms, build the "mytop" special toplevel using ocamlmktop,
then run it under Emacs instead of ocaml.

- Xavier Leroy