* [Caml-list] ocamldebug, any way to print abstract values?
@ 2001-08-31 13:22 brian
From: brian @ 2001-08-31 13:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Trying to debug something the other day I ran across the problem
that the bug was occuring inside code in a functor, and I was unable
to print values from the debugger for types that were abstract from
the point of view of that code, even when there was a user printer loaded
for that type in terms of outside code. I didn't manage to get anything
to work by including the print function in the functor argument signature
either.

Is there any way around this, or does the debugger need an additional
command to print a value using a particular printer? It looks like it
would be relatively easy to add something like that, but it might
be dangerous.

PS - I also failed to use camldebug with lablgtk - should I disable
checkpointing? I didn't get any uncaught exception backtrace from code
inside C callbacks either.

--
Brian_Brunswick____brian@ithil.org____Wit____Disclaimer____!Shortsig_rules!

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-09-03  9:23 UTC | newest]