* [Caml-list] Help: module names conflicts
@ 2001-09-12  0:10 Gregoire Sutre
From: Gregoire Sutre @ 2001-09-12  0:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi,

I am trying to use two ocaml libraries, but I have name conflicts : these
two libraries both have a 'Pretty' module.

I can compile my modules without a problem since I'm not using this Pretty
module.

But the OCaml compiler complains when I try to link against both libraries,
since it finds two times the Pretty module.

A basic but painful fix is to rename the conflicting modules (I then would
have to go in each file of the library where the module is used to rename
it...).

Is there a better way to do this ?

Such as e.g. automatically encapsulate each library in another module (I saw
this idea in a post on module hierarchy, but I don't whether it is
implemented).

Thanks for your help!

Greg.

--
Gregoire Sutre                      545W Cory Hall
sutre@eecs.berkeley.edu             University of California

* Re: [Caml-list] Help: module names conflicts
@ 2001-09-12  7:13 ` Sven
From: Sven @ 2001-09-12  7:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gregoire Sutre; +Cc: caml-list

On Tue, Sep 11, 2001 at 05:10:45PM -0700, Gregoire Sutre wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use two ocaml libraries, but I have name conflicts : these
> two libraries both have a 'Pretty' module.
>
> I can compile my modules without a problem since I'm not using this Pretty
> module.
>
> But the OCaml compiler complains when I try to link against both libraries,
> since it finds two times the Pretty module.
>
> A basic but painful fix is to rename the conflicting modules (I then would
> have to go in each file of the library where the module is used to rename
> it...).
>
> Is there a better way to do this ?
>
> Such as e.g. automatically encapsulate each library in another module (I saw
> this idea in a post on module hierarchy, but I don't whether it is
> implemented).

It would be very usefull thing to have, it was already discussed, but has not
yet been implemented. I don't know if there are planes for it, but they are
low priority i think.

Friendly,

Sven Luther