* [Caml-list] forward declaration/recursive modules patch by Frabrice?
@ 2001-10-10 20:21 Chris Hecker
From: Chris Hecker @ 2001-10-10 20:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

I was cruising through the archives and came across this patch by
Frabrice for enabling recursive modules, at least for function
declarations.

http://pauillac.inria.fr/caml/caml-list/1467.html

What's the status on this (the post is from June 1999)?  Since it
didn't get mentioned in any of the threads about module recursion, I'm
assuming it's not "approved of" or something?

Chris

* Re: [Caml-list] forward declaration/recursive modules patch by Frabrice?
@ 2001-10-17 19:06 ` Xavier Leroy
From: Xavier Leroy @ 2001-10-17 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Hecker; +Cc: caml-list

> http://pauillac.inria.fr/caml/caml-list/1467.html
>
> What's the status on this (the post is from June 1999)?  Since it
> didn't get mentioned in any of the threads about module recursion, I'm
> assuming it's not "approved of" or something?

Well, I wanted to have a closer look at this patch, then got
side-tracked by something else :-)  But, yes, the need for
cross-module recursion is still as important as it was then.

- Xavier Leroy