* [Caml-list] snmp client in ocaml
@ 2001-10-19  9:47 Alan Schmitt
From: Alan Schmitt @ 2001-10-19  9:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi,

I'd like to know if there is a library to write snmp clients in ocaml. A
quick look at the hump and at google was not enough, unfortunately.

Alan

--
The hacker: someone who figured things out and made something cool happen.

* Re: [Caml-list] snmp client in ocaml
@ 2001-10-19 14:54 ` Patrick M Doane
From: Patrick M Doane @ 2001-10-19 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan Schmitt; +Cc: caml-list

Hello,

I do not offer much help for you here, although if you are interested in
developing an SNMP client for Ocaml, I think that the Ocamlnet project on
SourceForge would be a good place to host that development effort.  It's
certainly in line with the goals for that project.

Patrick

@ 2001-10-22  2:33 ` Christian RINDERKNECHT
From: Christian RINDERKNECHT @ 2001-10-22  2:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list; +Cc: Alan.Schmitt

On Fri, Oct 19, 2001 at 11:47:22AM +0200, Alan Schmitt wrote:

> I'd like to know if there is a library to write snmp clients in
> ocaml.

I wrote an ASN.1:1988/90 typechecker; you may find it interesting. You
can also extract the parser. See my old homepage:
http://cristal.inria.fr/~rinderkn/

Hope this helps,

--

Christian

* Re: [Caml-list] snmp client in ocaml
@ 2001-10-22  9:36   ` Florian Hars
From: Florian Hars @ 2001-10-22  9:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list; +Cc: Alan Schmitt

On Fri, Oct 19, 2001 at 10:54:14AM -0400, Patrick M Doane wrote:
> I do not offer much help for you here, although if you are interested in
> developing an SNMP client for Ocaml, I think that the Ocamlnet project on
> SourceForge would be a good place to host that development effort.  It's
> certainly in line with the goals for that project.

And there seems to be some existing work on ASN.1 in Ocaml, which might
be useful for this project, some of the results on
http://www.google.com/search?q=asn.1+caml might be useful.

Yours, Florian