* [Caml-list] Optional arguments and type annotations
@ 2001-10-31  0:05 Christian RINDERKNECHT
From: Christian RINDERKNECHT @ 2001-10-31  0:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list; +Cc: rinderkn

Hello List,

First, let me say I am quite new to labels (I was waiting for the 3.03
release for using them).

I am used to annotate the top-level functions with their types, and I
was surprised to see that I must write the following to make it
type-check:

#let bump ?(step:int option) (x:int) =
   match step with
     None -> x * 2
   | Some y -> x + y
 ;;
#val bump : ?step:int -> int -> int = <fun>

and then there is a discrepancy between the "int option" annotation in
the .ml and the "int" in the interface.

This is not a big deal to solve:), but it looks strange to me.

Best regards,

--

Christian