* [Caml-list] Output directory of .cmo / .cmx / .o
@ 2001-11-14 18:15 Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk
From: Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk @ 2001-11-14 18:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Running ocamlc -c dir/file.ml produces dir/file.cmo.
Running ocamlopt -c dir/file.ml produces dir/file.{cmx,o}.

Running ocaml{c,opt} -c dir/file.c produces file.o in the current
directory. It's inconsistent.

Is it possible to let the OCaml compiler let the C compiler put .o
files resulting from .c files in the same directory as their sources
if the current directory is different? -o applies only to executable
or library. I can move files by hand but perhaps it can be done better.

--
 __("<  Marcin Kowalczyk * qrczak@knm.org.pl http://qrczak.ids.net.pl/
 \__/

* Re: [Caml-list] Output directory of .cmo / .cmx / .o
@ 2001-11-14 22:35 ` malc
From: malc @ 2001-11-14 22:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk; +Cc: caml-list

On Wed, 14 Nov 2001, Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk wrote:

> Running ocamlc -c dir/file.ml produces dir/file.cmo.
> Running ocamlopt -c dir/file.ml produces dir/file.{cmx,o}.
>
> Running ocaml{c,opt} -c dir/file.c produces file.o in the current
> directory. It's inconsistent.
>
> Is it possible to let the OCaml compiler let the C compiler put .o
> files resulting from .c files in the same directory as their sources
> if the current directory is different? -o applies only to executable
> or library. I can move files by hand but perhaps it can be done better.

ocaml[c|opt] -ccopt '-o dir/file.o' file.c

--
mailto:malc@pulsesoft.com

* Re: [Caml-list] Output directory of .cmo / .cmx / .o
@ 2001-11-15  8:53 ` Sven
From: Sven @ 2001-11-15  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk; +Cc: caml-list

On Wed, Nov 14, 2001 at 06:15:52PM +0000, Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk wrote:
> Running ocamlc -c dir/file.ml produces dir/file.cmo.
> Running ocamlopt -c dir/file.ml produces dir/file.{cmx,o}.
>
> Running ocaml{c,opt} -c dir/file.c produces file.o in the current
> directory. It's inconsistent.
>
> Is it possible to let the OCaml compiler let the C compiler put .o
> files resulting from .c files in the same directory as their sources
> if the current directory is different? -o applies only to executable
> or library. I can move files by hand but perhaps it can be done better.

Alternatively, just move them yourself afterward.

I personnaly, have my makefiles move all the object files into an Object
subdirectory, which leaves the source dir uncluttered.

If you are interrested, i could send you the corresponding rules.

Friendly,

Sven Luther

* Re: [Caml-list] Output directory of .cmo / .cmx / .o
       [not found] <9surso$q00$1@qrnik.zagroda>
@ 2001-11-16  7:13 ` Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk
From: Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk @ 2001-11-16  7:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Thu, 15 Nov 2001 01:35:10 +0300 (MSK), malc <malc@pulsesoft.com> pisze:

> ocaml[c|opt] -ccopt '-o dir/file.o' file.c

Argh, I didn't know that -ccopt must come before the filename.