* [Caml-list] lablgtk, caml and windows
@ 2001-11-18 11:27 Alan Schmitt
From: Alan Schmitt @ 2001-11-18 11:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi,

I'm working on a small project for my wife to use at work. This project
has a graphical interface, is going to be used under windows, and should
be easy to install. The way I've done it until now is to use gtk+, and
use the mingw32 port of gcc and the corresponding gtk+ dlls. Of course
I'd really like to use caml for this, but I'd like to know how to
proceed with this. More precisely, is it possible to use lablgtk with
windows, do I need cygwin or mingw32, and if I use cygwin, is it just a
matter of providing the cygwin dll to run it ?

Thanks for any hints about this,

Alan
--
The hacker: someone who figured things out and made something cool happen.

* Re: [Caml-list] lablgtk, caml and windows
@ 2001-11-20  0:20 ` Jacques Garrigue
From: Jacques Garrigue @ 2001-11-20  0:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alan.schmitt; +Cc: caml-list

From: Alan Schmitt <alan.schmitt@inria.fr>

> I'm working on a small project for my wife to use at work. This project
> has a graphical interface, is going to be used under windows, and should
> be easy to install. The way I've done it until now is to use gtk+, and
> use the mingw32 port of gcc and the corresponding gtk+ dlls. Of course
> I'd really like to use caml for this, but I'd like to know how to
> proceed with this. More precisely, is it possible to use lablgtk with
> windows, do I need cygwin or mingw32, and if I use cygwin, is it just a
> matter of providing the cygwin dll to run it ?

It is possible to use LablGTK with windows (the Makefile supports it).
I only tested it with Visual C++, but it should probably work with any
compiler.
If your goal is to do static linking, then you may look at unison's
packaging: they made lots of efforts to avoid depending on any
non-standard DLL. Note that this may mean you have to recompile GTK+
libraries statically.

Cheers,

Jacques Garrigue