* [Caml-list] request: winsock2 error codes
@ 2001-11-22  6:02 Ohad Rodeh
From: Ohad Rodeh @ 2001-11-22  6:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

I have a request regarding exception handling in the unix module under
win32. A large subset of the errors used in winsock2 is similar to unix and
winsock1, with
the added twist of adding a WSA in front of the code. For example:

                Unix/winsock1                   winsock2

     EINVAL                         WSAEINVAL
                ECONNRESET         WSAECONNRESET
     EHOSTDOWN           WSAEHOSTDOWN

Currently, there is no provision for the WSA version of the codes, and they
are simply
converted into an unknown error code. I'd like both versions to map to the
same error:

                 Unix/winsock1                   winsock2
Unix CAML module

     EINVAL                         WSAEINVAL
Unix.EINVAL
                ECONNRESET         WSAECONNRESET            Unix.ECONNRESET
     EHOSTDOWN           WSAEHOSTDOWN             Unix.EHOSTDONE

Currently, I had to hack around this in a nasty fashion, support inside the
native Unix module
would be very nice. Anybody who has had the same problem is welcome to take
the code
from Ensemble ("socket " directory).

Ohad.

* Re: [Caml-list] request: winsock2 error codes
@ 2001-11-26 13:53 ` Xavier Leroy
From: Xavier Leroy @ 2001-11-26 13:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ohad Rodeh; +Cc: caml-list

> I have a request regarding exception handling in the unix module
> under win32. A large subset of the errors used in winsock2 is
> similar to unix and winsock1, with the added twist of adding a WSA
> in front of the code.

The error mapping code in the win32unix library was recently revamped
(to get rid of dependencies on the _dosmaperr internal function of the
C library), so it should be much easier now to do a better mapping of
Winsock error codes.  I'll look into that.

Thanks for the suggestion,

- Xavier Leroy