* Re: [Caml-list] Is it really a non issue?
@ 2002-01-11 15:42 ` Xavier Leroy
From: Xavier Leroy @ 2002-01-11 15:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: malc; +Cc: caml-list

> I noticed that my bug report was silently moved to 'not a bug'
> section.

Yes, because I consider that it is not a bug.

> Despite report's subject 'Not a bug, but...' i do think its
> atleast an issue.

I don't.  End of discussion.

- Xavier Leroy

* Re: [Caml-list] Is it really a non issue?
@ 2002-01-11 19:51 ` Luc Maranget
From: Luc Maranget @ 2002-01-11 19:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: malc; +Cc: caml-list

> I noticed that my bug report was silently moved to 'not a bug'
> section. Despite report's subject 'Not a bug, but...' i do think its
> atleast an issue. Consider this:
>
> file a.ml:
> let a = 1
>
> file a.mli:
> val a : int \
> val a : int  |
> ...........  | n times
> val a : int  |
> val a : int /
>

> After compilation/linking we will get huge .cmi and binary with data
> section (n-1)*4(on 32bit architectures) bytes bigger that it should have
> been. Current ocamlopt.opt is 12 bytes bigger due to redundant declartions
> in bytecomp/lambda.mli(is_guarded,patch_guarded) and
> utils/clflags.ml(dump_scheduling), not a big deal but still anoying.

This is probably an issue, but I do not think it is related to the

At least, we should get those nasty 12 bytes back !

Thank you for your issue report (:->)

--Luc

PS> I guess I can understand Xavier, sometimes some people complain
about so-called bugs which are in facts features, and for features
such as the ``cannot use record labels as I would have wished to'' it
is just too often.

* [Caml-list] Is it really a non issue?
@ 2002-01-11 21:57 malc
From: malc @ 2002-01-11 21:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

--
mailto:malc@pulsesoft.com

* Re: [Caml-list] Is it really a non issue?
@ 2002-01-12  5:31   ` Jeremy Fincher
From: Jeremy Fincher @ 2002-01-12  5:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luc Maranget; +Cc: malc, caml-list

> > file a.mli:
> > val a : int \
> > val a : int  |
> > val a : int  |
> > val a : int /
>
> At least, we should get those nasty 12 bytes back !

Wouldn't the most appropriate way to get those 12 bytes back be to remove the redundant data from the .mli file?

Jeremy