* [Caml-list] Compiling lablttk and lablgtk on windows
@ 2002-01-15 12:27 Andrew Lawson
From: Andrew Lawson @ 2002-01-15 12:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello
    I have two problems. Firstly, I currently have the
3.04 sources compiled on a unix (freebsd) and win2000
machine under cygwin. On the windows machine I am
compiling labltk against the Activestate Tcl/Tk
distribution. The ocaml system appears to compile
correctly and a program that compiles and runs
perfectly on the unix box will compile but will crash
whenever a grid control is accessed on the form with a
'memory cannot be read' error. Does anyone have any
experience with anything similar to this
    Secondly, I want to start using lablgtk on windows
with the cygwin ocaml distribution. Can anyone give me
a step by step guide to getting, installing and
compiling lablgtk on this platform.

    thanks

        Andrew

=====
Andrew Lawson
andrew@absentis.com
 www.absentis.com

* Re: [Caml-list] Compiling lablttk and lablgtk on windows
@ 2002-01-15 18:06 ` Alan Schmitt
From: Alan Schmitt @ 2002-01-15 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: andrew; +Cc: caml-list

* Andrew Lawson (xandrew_lawsonx@yahoo.co.uk) wrote:
> Hello
>     Secondly, I want to start using lablgtk on windows
> with the cygwin ocaml distribution. Can anyone give me
> a step by step guide to getting, installing and
> compiling lablgtk on this platform.

1) compile and install ocaml-3.04
2) fetch this tarball:
   http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/unison/download/resources/lablgtk-1.2.3-cygwin.tar.gz
   (This include gtk for cygwin and lablgtk for cygwin, kudos to he
   Yang for this port)
3) untar, and follow the readme instructions. It worked like a charm for
   me.

Alan

--
The hacker: someone who figured things out and made something cool happen.