* [Caml-list] bitboard - howto
@ 2002-04-16 14:15 V Krishnakumar
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: V Krishnakumar @ 2002-04-16 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi! all,

Iam new to OCaml. Iam trying to write a chess engine.
In order to represent the board, I need bitvectors. How do I get bitvectors ? (i need exactly 64 bit vectors).

also pointers to similar board games would be really appreciated.

thanks in advance,

-Krishnakumar

 Buy Music, Video, CD-ROM, Audio-Books and Music Accessories from http://www.planetm.co.in

* Re: [Caml-list] bitboard - howto
@ 2002-04-16 18:22 ` Warp
From: Warp @ 2002-04-16 18:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

> Hi! all,
>
> Iam new to OCaml. Iam trying to write a chess engine.
> In order to represent the board, I need bitvectors. How do I get
bitvectors ? (i need exactly 64 bit vectors).

> also pointers to similar board games would be really appreciated.

You can use the Int64 module of the Stdlib wich has bit-based operations.

Nicolas Cannasse

* Re: [Caml-list] bitboard - howto
@ 2002-04-16 18:38 ` Falk Hueffner
From: Falk Hueffner @ 2002-04-16 18:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: V Krishnakumar; +Cc: caml-list

"V Krishnakumar" <birbal77@indiatimes.com> writes:

> Hi! all,
>
> Iam new to OCaml. Iam trying to write a chess engine.  In order to
> represent the board, I need bitvectors. How do I get bitvectors ? (i
> need exactly 64 bit vectors).

Try Int64 (http://caml.inria.fr/ocaml/htmlman/libref/Int64.html)

        Falk

* Re: [Caml-list] bitboard - howto
@ 2002-04-17  7:30 ` Jean-Christophe Filliatre
From: Jean-Christophe Filliatre @ 2002-04-17  7:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: V Krishnakumar; +Cc: caml-list

V Krishnakumar writes:
 > Hi! all,
 >
 > Iam new to OCaml. Iam trying to write a chess engine.
 > In order to represent the board, I need bitvectors. How do I get
 > bitvectors ? (i need exactly 64 bit vectors).
 >
 > also pointers to similar board games would be really appreciated.

I wrote a bit vectors library, available here:

	http://www.lri.fr/~filliatr/software.en.html

But, as already suggested by others, using the Int64 module from ocaml
standard library is clearly a better idea in this particular case.

--
Jean-Christophe Filliâtre (http://www.lri.fr/~filliatr)