On Thu, Apr 18, 2002 at 11:38:08AM +0200, Oliver Bandel wrote: > Hello, > > I have tried to install OCaml 3.04 on a PPC-Linux. > > I got problems (compilation-errors (Assembler-Messages)) > when doing an "make opt.opt". > The I tried to do the opt-compilations separetly > and there were no problems. > After doing that I tried again 2make opt.opt" and it > failed again. > > What is the problem? Isn't "makr opt.opt" the same > as "make ocamlc.opt; make ocamlopt.opt; make ocamllex.opt" ? > > Is that a known problem? > > Should I send the compilation-output to that list or to > a developper, who is specialized on PPC-platforms? It is a known problem, fixed in the CVS tree, and i did extract this precise fix to add it to the debian ocaml package (btw, which linux distrib do you use ?). Here is the fix as a standalone patch attached. Friendly, Sven Luther