* [Caml-list] Bigarray "mimic"
@ 2002-04-19 12:53 Christophe TROESTLER
From: Christophe TROESTLER @ 2002-04-19 12:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi everybody,

Is there a way to create a Bigarray (resp. Array1, Array2, Array3) of
the same type (especially layout) as a given one without resorting to
some C routine (maybe with some Obj.magic ???) -- I do not want to
copy the original array.

Cheers,
ChriS

* Re: [Caml-list] Bigarray "mimic"
@ 2002-04-19 13:21 ` Markus Mottl
From: Markus Mottl @ 2002-04-19 13:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christophe TROESTLER; +Cc: OCAML

On Fri, 19 Apr 2002, Christophe TROESTLER wrote:
> Is there a way to create a Bigarray (resp. Array1, Array2, Array3)
> of the same type (especially layout) as a given one without resorting
> to some C routine (maybe with some Obj.magic ???) -- I do not want to
> copy the original array.

It's only a couple of days that I have reported this shortcoming, and
Xavier has already fixed it in the CVS. You can now query both the layout
and the kind by writing, e.g. "Array1.layout ar" or "Array1.kind ar"
as required for creating similar arrays.

Regards,
Markus Mottl

--
Markus Mottl                                             markus@oefai.at