* [Caml-list] FFTW interface
@ 2002-05-13 17:50 Christophe TROESTLER
From: Christophe TROESTLER @ 2002-05-13 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear caml riders,

I have started to write an interface to the FFTW library
(http://www.fftw.org/).  It is available at

	http://www.umh.ac.be/math/an/programs.html

Since it uses the complex module and complex bigarrays, you need an
OCaml CVS version to compile it.  At the moment the 1D complex
transforms are usable as well as the import/export of wisdom.  All
comments are welcome -- in particular on the thread and callback
portions of the code.  I will try to complete the code ASAP.

Enjoy,
ChriS

* Re: [Caml-list] FFTW interface
@ 2002-05-14 13:40 ` Markus Mottl
From: Markus Mottl @ 2002-05-14 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 13 May 2002, Christophe TROESTLER wrote:
> I have started to write an interface to the FFTW library
> (http://www.fftw.org/).  It is available at
>
> 	http://www.umh.ac.be/math/an/programs.html
>
> Since it uses the complex module and complex bigarrays, you need an
> OCaml CVS version to compile it.  At the moment the 1D complex
> transforms are usable as well as the import/export of wisdom.  All
> comments are welcome -- in particular on the thread and callback
> portions of the code.  I will try to complete the code ASAP.

A few weeks ago I played around with the FFTW and also wrote a small
interface. Due to lack of time I had to discontinue the project, but
maybe you can find one or the other idea in my code that you might want
to adopt. I have put the sources here:

  http://www.oefai.at/~markus/tmp

Writing an interface that supports all FFTW-features in a convenient way
is quite non-trivial. Maybe you want to place your project at SourceForge
so that others can also contribute some code.

Regards,
Markus

--
Markus Mottl                                             markus@oefai.at