On Sat, Jun 01, 2002 at 06:19:40PM +0200, Oliver Bandel wrote: > Shouldn't Ocaml be a good language to do > soccer-simulations? Definitely; it can do everything that practically any other language can do, except for maybe implement the very low level portions of operating systems that do stuff like directly interacting with the metal and doing initial book setup (which are things that assembly and C are for). > Or are languages like Prolog really better > suited for that task? Prolog is not very suited to many practical applications because it's hard to do stuff like video recognition and such a pure logic-based language. Pure logic-based languages are good as ideas for problem-solving and such, but they are not very well-suited to practical applications, including practical artificial intelligence applications (note that I'm not talking about trying to emulate human intelligence here). -- Yes, I know my enemies. They're the teachers who tell me to fight me. Compromise, conformity, assimilation, submission, ignorance, hypocrisy, brutality, the elite. All of which are American dreams. - Rage Against The Machine