From: Samuel Lacas <Samuel.Lacas@trusted-logic.fr>
To: caml-list@pauillac.inria.fr
Subject: [Caml-list] [OCAMOLE] problem with guid
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 13:31:40 +0200	[thread overview]

Hello,

I found the following problem with the last ocamole-pre library:

# #load "ocamole.cma";;
# open Ocamole;;
# guid_of_string;;
- : string -> Ocamole.guid = <fun>

Then, guid_of_string "something" crashes the runtime interpreter.
I have the log of the system, if that can be of any help.

By the way, I'm quite confused by these guid, due to my lack of deep
konwledge of COM automation/interface. For instance, olegen on
PowerPoint gave me ml-interface like the following:

   module Shapes : sig
      sigtype t = shapes [...]
      val guid : guid

      [...]

      shapeval add_label : t -> orientation:guid
	 -> left:float -> top:float
	 -> width:float -> height:float -> shape

      [...]

      end

The function add_label should allow to create a new label object to
the (list of shapes of some) slide. However, I do not manage to find
what are the "orientation:guid" parameter possible values ?
guid_of_string and string_of_guid seem to be the only available
functions to manipulate guid, but then I discovered that the
string_of_guid crashes.

I tried to retrieve information on already created objects, but most
of the call to functions with return types "guid" failed (some
exception was thrown from the COM side, stating "Bad return type", or
something similar). Other methods worked (that is, any that does not
need or return a guid), by the way.

I suspect that the olegen possibly created a wrong COM interface here.

Sincerely,

sL