* [Caml-list] Cameleon 1.0
@ 2002-08-27 14:39 Maxence Guesdon
From: Maxence Guesdon @ 2002-08-27 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-announce

Hello,

I'm pleased to announce the release of Cameleon 1.0.
A lot of Changes for this new release, see the ChangeLog below.
A big change is that now all my development tools will
be maintained inside Cameleon, including the last born Epeire.

You can find Cameleon here:
http://www.maxence-g.net/Tools/

I will release a binary rpm for intel in the next days.

Comments are welcome.

Enjoy !

Maxence Guesdon

BTW, i just developed a tool to generate my software HTML pages.
It is available at the above url, and is called toolpage.
You can freely use it.

ChangeLog:

 - cam-config added
 - topcameleon, graphical toplevel, added, with cam-mktop
 - omom added
 - only one toolbar (horizontal), customizable
 - graphical configuration of key bindings
 - additional views can be defined in plug-ins
 - new command cam-config to get the installation values in scripts
 - new modules view (use a dump.odoc target and a dump.odoc file
   in the selected directory to display the modules of the selected
   directory)
 - new window showing the list of available internal commands
   (a double click on a command execute it)
 - embedded apps in plugins
 - choice of plugins to load in a nwe tab of the configuration window
 - shared plugins and personal plugins
 - a command (reload_plugin) to select a plug-in and reload it
 - support of configure options to select where to install cameleon files
 - Cameleon is now a set of tools and libs (zoggy, report, configwin, ...)
 - configuration of fonts and colors
 - configuration files file_types and doc moved to a common
   configuration file core
 - configuration file toolbar now moved into the file gui
 - a 'make' plug-in added, and a new 'make' default menu added
 - some new functions in Cam_plug (background_execute, ...)
 - creation and installation of doc during the install process,
   making doc on cameleon and the standard ocaml library available
   in the doc browser when starting Cameleon for the first time

   configwin 0.95:
   - new parameter hotkey

   zoggy 0.94:
   - pixmap widgets are handled
   - ask to save before exit if modified
   - window#add_accel_group generated if possible
   - better error messages when a value is missing

   epeire 0.83:
   - shortcuts in the code window to activate some menus of the main window
   - memorize the positions and sizes of the windows
   - new option -I (same as in the traditionnal ocamldebug)

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-08-27 14:39 UTC | newest]