* [Caml-list] oreilly-book download formats
@ 2002-08-28 15:39 Kontra, Gergely
From: Kontra, Gergely @ 2002-08-28 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi!

As I can see, the O'Reilly book is available only in pdf format for
download. This is a portable(?) format, but I think the html version is
easier to search (grep). Is it possible to put it up in a tgz-d or
zipped html file(s) for offline users. Or plain text, or windows help
file or another format. (Well, this may be not possible. Is the book in
xml format? As the translator of the php documentation I see it is
possible to make chm from xml)

[The book's URL: http://caml.inria.fr/oreilly-book/html/book-ora048.html]

Gergo
+-[Kontra, Gergely @ Budapest University of Technology and Economics]-+
|         Email: kgergely@mcl.hu,  kgergely@turul.eet.bme.hu          |
+-------"Olyan langesz vagyok, hogy poroltoval kellene jarnom!"-------+
.
Magyar php mirror es magyar php dokumentacio: http://hu.php.net

* Re: [Caml-list] oreilly-book download formats
@ 2002-08-28 16:00 ` Stefano Zacchiroli
From: Stefano Zacchiroli @ 2002-08-28 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

On Wed, Aug 28, 2002 at 05:39:34PM +0200, Kontra, Gergely wrote:
> As I can see, the O'Reilly book is available only in pdf format for
> download. This is a portable(?) format, but I think the html version is
> easier to search (grep). Is it possible to put it up in a tgz-d or
> zipped html file(s) for offline users. Or plain text, or windows help

The book is available in HTML shiped in the debian packages
ocaml-book-en and ocaml-book-fr, you can download the packages tarball
from
http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/non-free/o/ocaml-book/ocaml-book_1.0-2.tar.gz
and use html version you find inside.

The tarball contains both the english and french versions of the book.

Cheers.

--
Stefano Zacchiroli - undergraduate student of CS @ Univ. Bologna, Italy
zack@cs.unibo.it | ICQ# 33538863 | http://www.cs.unibo.it/~zacchiro