From: Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@cs.unibo.it>
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] HTMLC
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 11:00:26 +0200	[thread overview]

On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 10:45:49PM +0200, Pierre Weis wrote:
> Htmlc is still evolving from its initial satus of SSI static resolver
> to the plain HTML page compiler we are all dreaming of. So, please,
> don't hesitate to send your constructive remarks and contributions !

I am a long time user of html compilers, my home page is fully static
html compiled using WML from a bounce of source files; I've also ever
used a structure like the one proposed in the HTMLC page (SRC and WEB
dirs, ...).

I was wondering about which are the aims of the HTMLC project, do you
plan to became a server side tool or not?
Currently a tool like HTML is only 'yet another html compiler' like many
others which currently support inclusion and a few other options, ok
it's fun because it's written in OCaml, but what does it add to the HTML
compiler niche?

A worth mentioning direction to take can be a WML like one but using
ocaml as an embedded language instead of perl, but this probably can
collide with other projects like ocamlweb or similar if you plan to move
to the SSI side.

Just some free thougths ...

Please consider this mail as a simple roadmap question, I really
appreciated your work, thanks. Moreover many html compiler projects died
years ago and aren't currently actively mainted (like WML), so a young
and well maintained projects can helps here.

Cheers.

--
Stefano Zacchiroli - undergraduate student of CS @ Univ. Bologna, Italy
zack@cs.unibo.it | ICQ# 33538863 | http://www.cs.unibo.it/~zacchiro