* [Caml-list] Mailing list oddities
@ 2002-10-04  2:33 Blair Zajac
From: Blair Zajac @ 2002-10-04  2:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sometimes I get three copies of the same message.  They don't differ
in the message content, but each message contains one more copy of
the trailing "----... To unsubscribe... Beginner's list" text.

Is anybody else seeing this?

The message headers for the messages differ and the last message
has the longest headers that get forwarded to many inria.fr
systems.

Best,
Blair

--
Blair Zajac <blair@orcaware.com>
@ 2002-10-04  7:50 ` Richard Bornat
From: Richard Bornat @ 2002-10-04  7:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Friday, October 4, 2002, at 03:33  am, Blair Zajac wrote:

> Sometimes I get three copies of the same message.  They don't differ
> in the message content, but each message contains one more copy of
> the trailing "----... To unsubscribe... Beginner's list" text.
>
> Is anybody else seeing this?
>
> The message headers for the messages differ and the last message
> has the longest headers that get forwarded to many inria.fr
> systems.
>
> Best,
> Blair

I'm getting it too.  But it's some sort of mailer version problem: the
same thing has just started on another mailing list (PPIG discuss).

Richard Bornat
@ 2002-10-04  8:15 ` Stefano Zacchiroli
From: Stefano Zacchiroli @ 2002-10-04  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 07:33:29PM -0700, Blair Zajac wrote:
> Is anybody else seeing this?

Yes, I was noticing the same problem since a about a week.

Cheers.

--
Stefano Zacchiroli - undergraduate student of CS @ Univ. Bologna, Italy
zack@cs.unibo.it | ICQ# 33538863 | http://www.cs.unibo.it/~zacchiro
@ 2002-10-05 13:14   ` Sven LUTHER
From: Sven LUTHER @ 2002-10-05 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 10:15:49AM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 07:33:29PM -0700, Blair Zajac wrote:
> > Is anybody else seeing this?
>
> Yes, I was noticing the same problem since a about a week.

Yes, it seem as the list is subscribed to the list, or something such,
since one copy is normal, but the next has two footer.

Friendly,

Sven Luther