* [Caml-list] Problems compiling chameleon.
@ 2002-10-08  8:32 Thaddeus L. Olczyk
From: Thaddeus L. Olczyk @ 2002-10-08  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ocaml

Apologies. I posted this to the beginners list about four days ago.
Since then one person posted that he was having the same problem.
I also recieved a couple of emails.
So I thought I would post here.

I've encountered some problems compiling chameleon on Windows.
here  is where I am at now.
1) I placed the gtk libraries in e:/ObjectiveCaml/bin.
2) I installed lablgtk in e:/ObjectiveCaml/lablgtk.
3) I execute the madatory "configure" command.
4) I execute the command:
     make depend.

At this point problems sort of spread out.
I cannot remember what library was missing from the distribution,
but I got an error message about a mising library. When I check for
this library it is in the e:/ObjectiveCaml/lib directory and should
have been found.

So I look at master make and find a bunch of environmental variables
inititialized the cygwin way, and one initialized e:\ObjectCaml\lib.
So I change this to /cygdrive/e/ObjectiveCaml/lib. Now make depends
fails to find "pa_extend.cmo" in the command:
 ocamldep -pp camlp4r *.ml* > .depend

I replace all occurances of /cygdrive/e/ObjectiveCaml with
e:/ObjectiveCaml and use / as the path seperator ( legal in Windows).
That didn't help any.

Suggestions?