Hi Alessandro! On Sat, 02 Nov 2002, Alessandro Baretta wrote: > It's not really equivalent. Consider my present work. I have > three ongoing projects: one named afo, one named lib, and > one named vsg. It would be natural to have a means of > identifying my company first, and subsequently identifying > each single project. Your proposal would be to use such > namespace ids as Com.Baretta.VSG, Com.Baretta.Lib and > Com.Baretta.Afo. There's nothing wrong with this, but it is > much less intuitiva and comprehensible than > "http://priv.baretta.com/afo", > "http://priv.baretta.com/lib", > "http://priv.baretta.com/svg". This latter schema allows for > the identification of a URL -- in this case a private one on > an intranet -- associated with the project. Further, such a > schema allows for multiple versions of the same sw -- i.e. a > private alpha such as the above, and a public release -- to > coexist without interfering with each other. Alexander, attached you'll find new version of ocamlns, that=20 allows both schemas (mine and yours). I should warn you that it depends on Str library (str.cma) and theoretically may not work in some cases. New syntax allows defining: module A in "http://www.domain.org/..." ... open A in "http://www.domain.org/..."=20 and so on. > Your schema is viable, and it is good to have your proposal > around. Hopefully, the developers will take a stand on the > issue and propose a standard themselves, in which case it's > likely to resemble what you submitted. Yet, I still advocate > the use of the XML single layered namespace schema as a > simple, flexibile and effective solution. > > Alex > > -- Regards, Yurii.