* [Caml-list] Does any current ocaml program understand the {n1,n2} regexp syntax?
@ 2002-11-11 16:15 Stalkern 2
From: Stalkern 2 @ 2002-11-11 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello to everybody

I went and used Str.regexp, but it seems that it does not use things like the
{ } notation, i.e. {<minimum number of occurrences>, <maximum number of
occurrences>}

        # Str.string_match (Str.regexp "y{3,}") "yyy" 0;;
        - : bool = false

What should I use then? PCRE, Vouillon's RE (BTW, where can I find this),
anything else?

Thank you
Ernesto

* Re: [Caml-list] Does any current ocaml program understand the {n1,n2} regexp syntax?
@ 2002-11-12 10:01 ` IKEDA Katsumi
       [not found]   ` <200211121445.50040.stalkern2@tin.it>
From: IKEDA Katsumi @ 2002-11-12 10:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi,

From: Stalkern 2 <stalkern2@tin.it>

>         # Str.string_match (Str.regexp "y{3,}") "yyy" 0;;
>         - : bool = false

See http://caml.inria.fr/ocaml/htmlman/libref/Str.html.

The syntax for regular expressions is the same as in Gnu Emacs.
                                                     ^^^^^^^^^ not Perl
regard,

--
IKEDA Katsumi  <ikeda@msi.co.jp>

@ 2002-11-13  0:31     ` IKEDA Katsumi
From: IKEDA Katsumi @ 2002-11-13  0:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi,

From: Stalkern 2 <stalkern2@tin.it>

> Thank you Ikeda, but do you know any other program in ocaml doing that, apart
> from PCRE? I don't like very much the *UNSAFE* notice that Markus Mottl put
> on the function that I would need to use, i.e. unsafe_pcre_exec .

I found pcre-ocaml by Markus Mottl however you say it is unsafe :)
Mmm, I have no idea.

Regards,

--
IKEDA Katsumi  <ikeda@msi.co.jp>