* [Caml-list] Use of VIM for Ocaml development on Win95
@ 2002-11-20  8:02 KEW Martin
From: KEW Martin @ 2002-11-20  8:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi,

I am having trouble getting 'make' and the 'quickfix' functions of VIM to work on Win95 for roundtrip development. Noting that I have a gnu version of make for win95. In particular, if I have error they are not caught and processed by VIM. Any suggestions?

Martin

* Re: [Caml-list] Use of VIM for Ocaml development on Win95
@ 2002-11-20 11:31 ` Oleg
From: Oleg @ 2002-11-20 11:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: KEW Martin, caml-list

On Wednesday 20 November 2002 03:02 am, KEW Martin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am having trouble getting 'make' and the 'quickfix' functions of VIM to
> work on Win95 for roundtrip development. Noting that I have a gnu version
> of make for win95. In particular, if I have error they are not caught and
> processed by VIM. Any suggestions?

This probably has more to do with your ocamlc, ocamlopt and VIM versions than
with your Windows version (although I'm shocked to learn that people are
using Win95 for development). I would suggest checking that you have
ftplugin/ocaml.vim, indent/ocaml.vim and syntax/ocaml.vim in your VIM
installation.

Oleg

* Re: [Caml-list] Use of VIM for Ocaml development on Win95
@ 2002-11-21 12:38 ` Alan Schmitt
From: Alan Schmitt @ 2002-11-21 12:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

* KEW Martin (martin.kew@tenix.com) wrote:
> This is for development at home on an old machine (also used by
> children for games), where I have installed the latest versions of VIM
> & ocaml. Yes the vimfiles you indicated are in installation. being new
> to vim & ocaml, have you any suggestions for the vim settings
> 'makeprg', 'errorformat', 'errorfile' and the like.

On my machine, makeprg is set at "make", since most of my projects have
a Makefile.

You should try to put the lines:
filetype plugin on
filetype indent on

in your vimrc, to see if it helps.

Alan

--
The hacker: someone who figured things out and made something cool happen.

* RE: [Caml-list] Use of VIM for Ocaml development on Win95
@ 2002-11-20 22:47 KEW Martin
From: KEW Martin @ 2002-11-20 22:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Oleg, caml-list