From: Sven Luther <luther@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr>
To: Blair Zajac <blair@orcaware.com>
Cc: Xavier Leroy <xavier.leroy@inria.fr>,
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] Submitting patches to Ocaml
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 07:44:18 +0100	[thread overview]

On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 10:29:58AM -0800, Blair Zajac wrote:
> Xavier Leroy wrote:
> > Bugzilla has a reputation of being awfully hard to install.  Other bug
> > tracking systems are better alternatives.  Jitterbug (what we
> > currently use) is indeed simplistic, but fits our needs well.
>
> I've installed it several times on different sites and it wasn't
> particularly hard.  And comparing it to writing a GC, it seems
> simple :)  But it does take a while.

In my understanding, and from the few times i had interaction with
bugzilla, in its gnome incarnation, it really is not as nice as you
think it is :

  o you have to create an account.

  o you cannot use a mail interface.

Both of these are possible with the ocaml BTS, and altough it would be
nice to have some feedback when the bug report is processed, it works
rather nicely, without the added complexity of bugzilla, which will, in
my opinion, add more confusion than other thinks.

But then, maybe i have been spoiled by the debian BTS.

Friendly,

Sven Luther