* [Caml-list] The Use of C--?
@ 2002-12-17 18:02 Jeffrey Palmer
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Jeffrey Palmer @ 2002-12-17 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Has been any discussion on the possibility of using C-- (www.cminusminus.org)
as a compiler back-end for O'Caml? (I took a look through the archives, but
didn't see anything relevant.) I'm not suggesting that things would be better
or worse than they are now, I'm just interested in the thoughts of the O'Caml
team.

Since there's already a back-end that generates very efficient native code, is
there any benefit to moving to this type of model? Are there specific issues
that have been addressed in the existing native code generator that preclude
the use of C--?

Thanks,

	- j

--