* [Caml-list] Cross-platform DBM equivalent?
@ 2002-12-26  7:17 Matt Gushee
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Matt Gushee @ 2002-12-26  7:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello, all--

I am developing an application that needs fast access to persistent
configuration data, and I thought that DBM might be a good way to
provide that functionality ... but I see that DBM isn't available on
Windows. Is there something similar that works on all platforms? Or an
alternative approach?

My project is a web server application, so it might be okay not to
support Windows, but I'd like it to be cross-platform if that can be
done without an unreasonable effort.

By the way, I'm at an early prototyping stage, so I can't be much more
specific about my needs. What I can say at this point is that speed is
important; I think I need a key-value data structure, and it's probably
okay for the types of both keys and values to be limited to strings, as
with DBM.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

mgushee@havenrock.com           its fields;
                            Horses bear soldiers through