* [Caml-list] How to install PXP
@ 2002-12-26  4:12 IKEDA Katsumi
From: IKEDA Katsumi @ 2002-12-26  4:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi,

I want to install PXP (Polymorphic XML parser).

It requires findlib (ocamlfind) and ocamlnet. ocamlnet requires pcre-ocaml.

First, I install findlib. ocamlfind is installed in /usr/bin.

Second, I install pcre-ocaml. pcre libraries are installed
in /usr/lib/ocaml/contrib

Third, I try to install ocamlnet.

'configure' works well, however 'make all' makes the following error.

--------
  ocamlfind ocamlc -g  -package "unix pcre" -thread -c netstring_top.mli
  ocamlfind: package 'pcre' not found
--------

I try './configure -I +contrib -disable-findlib'
then I can install ocamlnet.
It is installed in /usr/lib/ocaml/ocamlnet.

But 'configure' of PXP says:

--------
  $ ./configure
  Checking for ocamlfind... found
  Checking for netstring... not found
  Sorry, installation is not possible without netstring!
  Please download netstring from www.ocaml-programming.de
--------

Please tell me the better way to install PXP.

Thanks.

--
IKEDA Katsumi  <ikeda@msi.co.jp>