* [Caml-list] What has become JoCaml ?
@ 2003-01-29 10:31 Samuel Mimram
From: Samuel Mimram @ 2003-01-29 10:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Caml-list

Hello.

I have recently heard of a version of JoCaml on OCaml's CVS (jocamltrunk) programmed with OCamlP4. I have managed to compile it ; however I have noticed that the syntax has completely changed since the last official beta version (1.07). Where could I find more informations about this version, in particular about it's new syntax ?

Moreover, is this project being actively developped ;) or is this the last version that will ever be implemented ?

I know I should not really have posted this here but JoCaml's mailling-list seems to be dead.

Thank you.

--
Samuel Mimram

Samuel.Mimram@ens-lyon.fr

* Re: [Caml-list] What has become JoCaml ?
@ 2003-01-29 10:56 ` Luc Maranget
From: Luc Maranget @ 2003-01-29 10:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Samuel Mimram; +Cc: Caml-list

> Hello.
>

> I have recently heard of a version of JoCaml on OCaml's CVS (jocamltrunk) programmed with OCamlP4. I have managed to compile it ; however I have noticed that the syntax has completely changed since the last official beta version (1.07). Where could I find more informations about this version, in particular about it's new syntax ?
>
> Moreover, is this project being actively developped ;) or is this the last version that will ever be implemented ?
>
> I know I should not really have posted this here but JoCaml's mailling-list seems to be dead.
>

> Thank you.
>

> --
> Samuel Mimram
>
> Samuel.Mimram@ens-lyon.fr

Hello, you have found the development version of jocaml.

Development is currently stopped but will be restarted.

Of course, there is currently no documentation about this totally
unstable and non-working version.

Yes there will be syntax changes.

The main idea is to avoid the duplication of AST nodes of the old
jocaml. Then, the typechecker is responsible for discriminating between
processes and expressions.

--Luc