From: Matt Gushee <mgushee@havenrock.com>
To: caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] Ocaml efficiency
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 14:32:58 -0700	[thread overview]

On Mon, Feb 17, 2003 at 07:03:12PM +0100, Vincent Barichard wrote:

> I've made a caml algorithm for solving some combinatorial problems.
> I've made a little user interface with camltk in order to launch many
> times the solving procedure.
>
> I ran it, and I clicked on the start button one time, the computing
> time was about 30s. When I clicked a second time, the computing time
> exceeded 60s !!

Could be a Tk problem. I haven't done much work with Caml/Tk, but have a
good deal of experience with Tk in other languages, so I might be able
to help. Could you post your GUI code ... or perhaps send it directly to
me if you think it's too much for the list?

By the way, what platform are you running this on?

mgushee@havenrock.com           its fields;
                            Horses bear soldiers through
                                its streets.

                            --Lao Tzu (Peter Merel, trans.)