On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 04:03:19PM -0800, james woodyatt wrote: > If what I've written isn't very helpful to you, then please tell me so > I know not to try to explain this stuff to people. On the other hand, > if it *is* helpful, that would be nice to know too. I have some experience with the state monad but your article has sparked my interest for the continuation monad that you explained. I would have liked at least one example that uses some data, not just functions. Since you seem to have quite some experience with monads, is performance a problem? I would expect that the strict evaluation of OCaml leads to an enormous numbers of closures in a monadic programming style, something that might not happen in Haskell. For the same reason the combinator style that is so poular in Haskell seems not very popular in OCaml. The standard library not even defines a function composition operator. -- Christian