* [Caml-list] objects and functions
@ 2003-05-22  8:27 Damien
From: Damien @ 2003-05-22  8:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi,

I would like to create an object whose methods
depend on a parameter.

the simple way is something like :
>class a x = object
>	method calc = match x with
>	| 0 -> 0
>	| x -> 33 mod x
>end

a more efficient way (if there are a lot of calc-like methods)
would be to test for x before constructing the object :
>class a0 = object method calc = 0 end
>class ax x = object method calc = 33 mod x end
>let fa x = function 0 -> new a0 | x -> new ax x

but then I can't nicely inherit from (fa x) :-(

so, is there a way (or wouldn't it be useful to have one) for doing
something like :
>class a = function
>| 0 -> object method calc = 0 end
>| x -> object method calc = 33 mod x end