* [: Re: [Caml-list] Generating module lists automatically]
@ 2003-08-19 22:25 Sylvain LE GALL
From: Sylvain LE GALL @ 2003-08-19 22:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: maxence.guesdon, yminsky, caml-list, sylvain.le-gall, sophak

----- Forwarded message from  -----

Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 22:26:12 +0200
To: Maxence Guesdon <maxence.guesdon@inria.fr>
Cc: Yaron Minsky <yminsky@cs.cornell.edu>, caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] Generating module lists automatically

On Mon, Aug 18, 2003 at 09:35:10PM +0200, Maxence Guesdon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Does anyone have a reasonable solution to the problem of automatically
> > generating dependencies and topologically sorted module lists for
> > executables?  omake seems to do a good job for managing dependencies
> > between automatically, but I don't see any good way of generating a
> > topologically sorted list of names automatically within omake.  Camlmake
> > (http://www.davidb.org/camlmake/) seems to be the right kind of thing, but
> > does not appear to be maintained anymore.  I'm wondering if there are any
> > other good options out there.
>
> Have a look at ocamldsort:
> http://www.eleves.ens.fr/home/ara/ocaml.html
>
> Regards,

Well....

You also may take a look at the cameleon CVS. Just look at the different
Makefile, master.Makefile.in + the dir utils/ ( which contains
ocamldep-extract, which is a very simple program to sort
module list to compile your code ). The rest of the system ( Makefile +
master.Makefile.in ) permits to extract all dependency ( included zoggy
file, mly, mll, + file with special syntax... ).

http://savannah.nongnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/cameleon/cameleon/?only_with_tag=findlib

For now, it is only a simple system of Makefile. If you have any comment
send it to me... I will read them with a lot of care.

Regard
Sylvain LE GALL

----- End forwarded message -----

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-08-19 22:30 UTC | newest]