From: Richard Jones <rich@annexia.org>
To: Mikael Brockman <phubuh@phubuh.org>
Cc: caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] Re: mod_caml 1.0.0 and O'Caml 3.07+2 - problem with caml_mutex_new
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2003 13:40:45 +0000	[thread overview]

On Sat, Nov 08, 2003 at 02:25:47PM +0100, Mikael Brockman wrote:
> Richard Jones <rich@annexia.org> writes:
>
> > On Sat, Nov 08, 2003 at 01:29:07PM +0100, Mikael Brockman wrote:
> > > So I suppose threads.cma exports it, and CamlTemplate tries to import
> > > it, but fails.
> >
> > Mmmmm. Are you using threads? Probably you shouldn't be.
>
> Nope, unless mod_caml does.
>
> > You could try adding threads.cma to ALL_CMAS in the Makefile, but I'm
> > not sure that the results will be well-defined.
>
> I was about to try this, but decided to nuke my mod_caml build
> directory and start fresh, instead.  I had to add
>
>   include Makefile.config
>
> to makefile (not Makefile) to get $(APACHELIBDIR) and the other
> configuration variables,

Ah, I wouldn't use the autoconf configuration. It's out of date
(indeed, I've temporarily removed it from the CVS version).

Stick with the basic Makefile and the instructions in INSTALL.

> but Apache can link this fresh mod_caml
> perfectly.  I guess I had some old compiled cruft that was built for
> O'Caml 3.06 laying around. :-)
>
> > Or if you're not using CamlTemplate, then disable it in Makefile.config.
>
> Ah, I wanted to ask about that.  Does Cgi.Template use CamlTemplate?

No.

> The documentation for CamlTemplate uses ${...} for variable
> interpolation, but Cgi.Template uses ::...::.  OTOH, mod_caml uses
> CamlTemplate if it is available.

mod_caml links with CamlTemplate if it's available, so it's there for
you to use. CamlTemplate and mod_caml's Cgi.Template are two different
templating systems, and you should use whichever suits your style
best.

> By the way, I love mod_caml.  I'm using it to write a Wiki engine that
> will hopefully be used to serve a Wiki about O'Caml.  My only
> complaint so far is that the build process needs more polishing. :-)

Excellent! Agreed. We'll have autoconf working at some point.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones. http://www.annexia.org/ http://freshmeat.net/users/rwmj
'There is a joke about American engineers and French engineers. The