From: Matt Gushee <matt@gushee.net>
To: caml-list@pauillac.inria.fr
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] Building camlimages programs on deb (and linux)
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 11:50:31 -0700	[thread overview]

On Mon, Nov 24, 2003 at 05:34:41PM +0000, chris.danx wrote:

[ ... about troubles compiling CamlImages ... ]

I'm afraid I can't help with CamlImages, but a possible alternative is
GD4O, which is a wrapper for the GD graphics library. Since you haven't
stated your plans very specifically, it's hard to say if it will do what
you need. also, the OCaml wrapper is incomplete and I consider it to be
alpha-quality code; but when it is finished, it will be a complete
implementation of the GD API, providing a very nice set of drawing
functions and a modest set of transformation functions.

The GD API is described at:

  http://www.boutell.com/gd/manual2.0.15.html

And the following document describes which functions are currently
implemented in GD4O:

  http://havenrock.com/software/gd4o/doc/api-xref.html

You will notice that none of the copying and resizing functions are
implemented yet, but--since they happen to be quite simple to code, and
I happen to have a little time today--I'm just going to go ahead and
implement them right now. And even if you're not interested, I don't
mind: they need to be done sooner or later anyway.

Feel free to get in touch if you have questions.

mgushee@havenrock.com           its fields;
                            Horses bear soldiers through
                                its streets.

                            --Lao Tzu (Peter Merel, trans.)