From: David Brown <caml-list@davidb.org>
To: Oliver Bandel <oliver@first.in-berlin.de>
Cc: caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] SPAM via CAMl-List?!
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 13:06:59 -0800	[thread overview]

On Thu, Jan 01, 2004 at 06:47:11PM +0100, Oliver Bandel wrote:

> do you also get a lot of spam via the CAML-LIST?
> OR is this only a fake-header, which some
> spammers have created? (They may have read my emails
> for that?!)?!!

I just checked my spambox and most of the spam there was sent through
the caml-list.  Most of it is "real" spam, and not windows viruses and
such.

The caml-list server does mark the messages with spam-oracle, although
it doesn't get as good of a hit ratio as my spam-oracle database.  (I
didn't know I was getting these messages until now).

Historically, though, the caml-list has gotten more spam than any other
list I've been on.  Perhaps the administrators need to reconsider only
allowing subscribers to post, or something more complicated, like
requiring feedback to post if you aren't a subscriber.

Dave