* [Caml-list] -pack option for .mli only modules
@ 2004-01-23 13:16 Jun.Furuse
From: Jun.Furuse @ 2004-01-23 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello,

I have got a problem of -pack option of ocamlc and ocamlopt.

OCaml's -pack option nicely creates a package module from more than
object files (.cmo/.cmx) of more than one modules. Using this
packaging, we can avoid name space collision problem.

But at this moment there is no way of packaging only .mli modules,
since they do not produce object files. The type signatures of such
.ml-less-modules are kept from packaing, and I faced to name
collisions.

Is there any work-around for this, except creating corresponding .ml
files for them ?

--
Jun

* Re: [Caml-list] -pack option for .mli only modules
@ 2004-01-24  9:38 ` Xavier Leroy
From: Xavier Leroy @ 2004-01-24  9:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jun.Furuse; +Cc: caml-list

> But at this moment there is no way of packaging only .mli modules,
> since they do not produce object files. The type signatures of such
> .ml-less-modules are kept from packaing, and I faced to name
> collisions.

You're correct, and what you suggest is on my "to do" list.

> Is there any work-around for this, except creating corresponding .ml
> files for them ?

That's currently the only workaround, as far as I know.

- Xavier Leroy