From: Kip Macy <kmacy@fsmware.com>
To: Christophe Raffalli <Christophe.Raffalli@univ-savoie.fr>
Cc: caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] How useful do you find the OCaml debugger?
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 11:26:37 -0800 (PST)	[thread overview]

[-- Attachment #1: Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=X-UNKNOWN, Size: 2259 bytes --]

Speaking of backtracking, not too long ago I wrote a process
checkpoint/restore facility for DragonFly BSD. I believe that it
was ported to FreeBSD and I know that a superset of its functionality
was implemented for Linux by LLNL. It seems, at least on the surface of
things, that this could be tied into ordinary debuggers like GDB to
provide simple backtracking by checkpointing a process every n seconds,
where n is a function of the size of the process and how recently one
wants to roll back to. This would be nice to have for many languages not
just ocaml - plus many people would like to use native code.

				-Kip