* [Caml-list] multicast IP added to the Unix library
@ 2004-03-09 17:10 Vasili Galchin
From: Vasili Galchin @ 2004-03-09 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list; +Cc: vasiliocaml

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii, Size: 976 bytes --]

Hello,

     I have added so far the multicast join and drop functionality to the unix (and threads) OCaml library. I have tested this functionality and it works. I do want to respect what has been implemented in the past (very fine work). I looked carefully at the various setsockopt functions in unix.mli and the multicast work didn't seem to fit easily within the bool, int, float paradigmn because the setsockopt call for multicast passes in a structure plus the setsockopt "level" actual parameter is not SOL_SOCKET (i.e. we are setting socket state at a different level, i.e. IPPROTO_IP). Hence, I implemented as two functions, multicast_join and multicast_drop. I, of course, amenable to changes in what I have done. Is there a code review process in order to get something into the mainline of OCaml?? Please someone supply me with details.

Kind regards, Vasili