* [Caml-list] lablgtk questions
@ 2004-03-23  4:01 briand
From: briand @ 2004-03-23  4:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

First question

Is there a lablgtk list ?  I found a link to one, sent e-mail to what
I assume was the subscription adress and did not hear anything back.

If I'm in the right place I have a couple of what are probably easy
questions :

The following

  let w = GWindow.window ~title:title () in
      area#event#add [`BUTTON_PRESS];
      w#event#connect#button_press ~callback: ...

will connect the window w to a button press event.

How do I disconnect it ?!  I can't seem to find an example anywhere
(except for widgets, but it seems to be different for windows).

Does anyone know where I can find example code which uses the usual
widget suspects (menus, etc..) with an opengl area.

The examples in the lablgtk and lablgl dir's don't seem to provide
such an example.  The opengl examples only use opengl and vice versa.

Thanks !

Brian

* Re: [Caml-list] lablgtk questions
@ 2004-03-23  4:53 ` Jacques Garrigue
From: Jacques Garrigue @ 2004-03-23  4:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: briand; +Cc: caml-list

From: briand@aracnet.com

> Is there a lablgtk list ?  I found a link to one, sent e-mail to what
> I assume was the subscription adress and did not hear anything back.

Please send again.
Your mail may have been mistaken for spam, but I cannot find it.

> If I'm in the right place I have a couple of what are probably easy
> questions :
>
> The following
>
>   let w = GWindow.window ~title:title () in
>       area#event#add [`BUTTON_PRESS];
>       w#event#connect#button_press ~callback: ...
>
> will connect the window w to a button press event.
>
> How do I disconnect it ?!  I can't seem to find an example anywhere
> (except for widgets, but it seems to be different for windows).

let id = w#event#connect#button_press ~callback: ... in
w#misc#disconnect id

> Does anyone know where I can find example code which uses the usual
> widget suspects (menus, etc..) with an opengl area.

What about motazaar?
  http://www.boblycat.org/~malc/motazaar/

> The examples in the lablgtk and lablgl dir's don't seem to provide
> such an example.  The opengl examples only use opengl and vice versa.

True, but there's actually nothing special to mixing the two: openGL
drawing occurs only in GlArea widgets.

Jacques Garrigue