From: Markus Mottl <markus@oefai.at>
To: brian donovan <lists@lophty.com>
Cc: caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] Building PCRE-OCaml on Win32
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 19:25:56 +0200	[thread overview]

On Wed, 12 May 2004, brian donovan wrote:
> The PCRE-OCaml 5.0.8 package (which you can browse here :
> <http://www.oefai.at/~markus/ocaml_sources/pcre-ocaml-5.08.0/> ...
> download here :
> <http://www.ai.univie.ac.at/~markus/home/ocaml_sources.html>), dated in
> the README file as having been prepared in January 2003, contains a
> README.win32 file with instructions divided into two sections : "Install
> libpcre" and "Install ocaml-pcre" and advises at the top "Need Cygwin,
> MSVC, findlib.".  I do not have access to MSVC at present, but I was
> encouraged by the presence of a Makefile.mingw (itself dated November
> 2003)  in the pcre_make.win32 folder alongside the Makefile.win32
> referenced in the "Install libpcre" portion of the win32 readme.

Well, PCRE-OCaml is a bit more up-to-date than January 2003 ;-)

The README was last modified at this time, the package itself was last
updated at the end of April this year.

Otherwise, I cannot be very helpful, since I don't have access to any
Windows machine right now and wouldn't want to bother with those anyway.

The README.win32 was written by Artem Prisyaznuk last year, and I
don't know whether it is still valid.  Maybe anybody else has already
successfully installed PCRE-OCaml under Windows and can help Brian?

Regards,
Markus

--
Markus Mottl          http://www.oefai.at/~markus          markus@oefai.at