* [Caml-list] Extlib Redux
@ 2004-05-23  0:23 Shawn Wagner
From: Shawn Wagner @ 2004-05-23  0:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Neither myself nor the people who work on the other library named extlib are
terribly interested in changing the name of our respective packages.
However, conflicts keep coming up when people want to use both libraries in
a project. Arguments start, but nothing gets settled. Then a few months
later, it repeats. I'm sure I'm not the only one sick of it. I have better
things to waste my time with. So, I've decided to be the responsible one and
rename my extlib. It's now An Extensions Library, not the Extensions Library.
aka annexlib. It, and new releases of my other public projects that use
extlib that updated to reflect the name change, are available at
http://raevnos.pennmush.org/code/ocaml.html

HTH. HAND.

--
Shawn Wagner
shawnw@speakeasy.org

* Re: [Caml-list] Extlib Redux
@ 2004-05-23  2:05 ` John Goerzen
From: John Goerzen @ 2004-05-23  2:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

On Sat, May 22, 2004 at 05:23:07PM -0700, Shawn Wagner wrote:
> later, it repeats. I'm sure I'm not the only one sick of it. I have better
> things to waste my time with. So, I've decided to be the responsible one and
> rename my extlib. It's now An Extensions Library, not the Extensions Library.
> aka annexlib. It, and new releases of my other public projects that use
> extlib that updated to reflect the name change, are available at
> http://raevnos.pennmush.org/code/ocaml.html

Thank you very much, Shawn.  I will file an ITP (Intent To Package) on
annexlib with Debian shortly (unless someone else steps up first).

-- John